When dyeing hair, professional dyes are often used, which contain aggressive components that negatively affect the structure of the strands. After regular color change procedures, the thinning of the hairs and the section of their tips occur. The hair loses its softness and attractive luster, and over time begins to thin due to loss of hair. To restore the structure and healthy appearance of the hair, you will have to apply different masks and go for expensive restorative procedures.
Prevent damage to the strands can be sparing means. Today, there are many options for natural dyes or organic-based products that do not harm the hair. One such product is Indian henna. Girls and women who dream of beautiful and healthy hair, can use natural dye to change the color and improve their hair. Inexpensive tool sold in almost any cosmetic department. Even experienced hairdressers advise to use henna, which in many ways surpasses the usual hair dyes.
The origin of the natural dye
Indian henna is a quality and safe dye, which was first used in ancient India. Raw materials for the manufacture of coloring powder is obtained from perennial shrubs, which is called lawsonium, non-spongy. The leaves of the plant are dried and then crushed to a powdered mass.
At first, people made colorless henna, which was used for therapeutic and prophylactic purposes. She helped heal wounds and burns, relieve itching and slight pain. A natural remedy helped not only with skin diseases. Henna treated migraines, stomatitis, back pain. Lawsonia, characterized by disinfectant properties, is still used in medicine for treating seams and cuts.
Later for colorless henna they found another application. The powder began to breed and process damaged hair. Organic product helped restore hair and strengthen the roots.
When people studied the properties of lawson, they began to process the upper parts of the stems with shrub leaves to produce a coloring agent. The dye was used for painting textiles and applying tattoos on the body. The lower part of the plant was used to produce hair dye.
Henna quickly spread among the eastern and southern peoples. Today, natural paint is sold in any country, and it is usually used for painting strands in various shades.
Useful properties of henna for hair
Those who prefer natural dyes should opt for shading henna. The tool palette includes several colors. Many still believe that an organic remedy can only make hair red. Modern manufacturers produce a range of natural dye in several versions, to which you can add other natural ingredients to achieve a certain shade. Also, the future color depends on the pigment curls.
The product contains natural dyes and tannins, which contribute to the coloring of the strands in a different color. The healing properties of henna are due to the presence of the following components in it:
- Chlorophyll. A strong antioxidant, giving the shrub a green color, has a positive effect on the scalp, speeding up the processes and rejuvenating the skin.
- Essential oils and vitamins. These substances are also beneficial for the scalp. They improve blood circulation and skin condition in general.
- Hennotanic acid. The main coloring component contributes to a bright shade, the saturation of which depends on its percentage in the paint. Acid strengthens the roots, eliminates inflammation and dandruff.
- Resins With these substances, hair becomes smooth, soft and silky.
- Pectin. The component reduces the fat content of the scalp, gently enveloping each hair and adding volume to the hairstyle.
- Polysaccharides Substances moisturize the skin and normalize the work of the sebaceous glands.
Indian henna can be used for injured, weakened and greasy strands. Healing paint will heal them and give them a beautiful appearance. Natural dye is not afraid of salt or chlorinated water, so after using it, you can safely go to the pool and swim in the sea. Ultraviolet rays also do not adversely affect the updated curls.
Indian henna dyeing has many positive properties:
- Henna strengthens the root system and accelerates hair growth.
- The product helps reduce or completely eliminate dandruff.
- Natural remedy has a beneficial effect on the skin and restores the balance of metabolic processes with prolonged use.
- The dye penetrates deep into the hair structure and has the same durability as professional dye.
- Indian products help restore curls that have been chemically curled or too aggressively stained.
- Painted with henna can be regularly, without fear of spoiling the hair.
With the frequent use of natural dye, the strands become thick and shiny. It’s easy to get rich natural color with an attractive glow in the sun. Indian henna helps to cure damaged hairs, make them strong and elastic. The composition of masks with other natural ingredients means from Lawson will bring more benefits.
Possible negative consequences
Natural henna can revive thinned hairs and make the hair thick and radiant. But all this is possible only with the correct use of the tool.
Although the dye does not contain harmful componentsIn some cases, it can cause negative consequences. In order for Indian henna to work positively, the following nuances should be remembered:
- Paint powder from lawson can not more than 1-2 times a month.
- Regenerating masks with the inclusion of this ingredient can also have a negative effect with frequent use.
- Henna can not be combined with artificial paint or used for colored strands.
Frequent hair dyeing with henna can lead to drying and dullness. Natural dye is bad for perm. Also, he is not able to paint over gray hair. For painting gray hair experts recommend conventional resistant paint.
Variety of shades
The variety of shades of Indian henna made her the favorite product of many girls and women. It is known that it is possible to produce 7 types of henna from raw material of lawsonia, but manufacturers focus only on 5 colors. They can be used without adding other components and get the shade that is stated on the packaging by the manufacturer. The great advantage of the natural dyes line is that you can mix several types and get interesting variations of tones. This will not work with many professional paints.
The main shades of colored henna:
- Black. This view is designed for brunettes and brown-haired women. Certain shades are obtained depending on the original color of the strands. After coloring, the curls become dark brown with notes of dark chocolate. Absolutely black hair can be achieved with black henna only in combination with Basma, which is also a natural dye.
- Brown. Such henna is treated with light chestnut strands, which can become reddish-golden or rich chestnut hue.
- Mahogany. The dye used for natural brown hair gives a reddish head of hair that shimmers beautifully in the sun.
- Burgund. The shade of the expensive wine of the same name is suitable only for the color type "autumn". Noble color with a copper tint or a golden sheen may turn out not on all dark hair. In some cases, it will almost not be noticeable. If you paint this henna light curls, you can get too bright color, close to acid.
- Golden. This paint is produced for light brown or light blond strands. Blondes are not recommended to use henna, because on bleached hair, it gives unpredictable results. But even on the original colors may not get the shade that is given in the instructions. Experts advise to first paint one strand and see what the color is. Even golden henna is washed away for a long time, so fair-haired girls should carefully consider whether to change the color of their hair. To the original tone will be difficult to return.
Colored henna for hair, shades of which can be mixed with each other, can please with persistent results and richness of refreshed strands. Curls, painted Indian product, beautifully shimmer in the sun. By mixing basic means in different proportions, you can get different variations of chestnut, brown or red.
To use henna is quite simple. The small fraction is well diluted in hot water, without forming lumps. Henna can be painted on its own at home. The method of dyeing does not differ much from the method of applying professional paint. But, as with any dye, Indian paint will be taken correctly only if the instructions are followed. Hair should be washed washed and thoroughly dried.
Before work, you need to stock up on a protective towel and gloves that will save from the formation of stains on the skin and clothing. For painting you will need a small plastic or ceramic container, a brush, a plastic cap, a cream and napkins.
- Pour the required amount of henna into the container and fill it with hot water.
- The powder should be thoroughly mixed to form a creamy consistency. If desired, you can add natural ingredients that give a certain tone to the color (cocoa, chocolate, lemon, beet juice).
- A warm mass is evenly applied along the entire length of the strands starting from the back of the head.
- The painted curls are covered with polyethylene and wrapped with a towel. In this way, you can create a greenhouse effect, due to which the dye is absorbed faster into the hair structure.
- The exposure time of henna on the hair to get a red shade is 15−20 minutes. Brown women will have to wait 2−3 hours. Then the composition is washed off with warm water until all the particles are removed.
Those who have a lot of experience with Indian dye, stand different types of henna for several minutes or hours to get certain shades. To achieve high-quality tone, some girls have to experiment with time and natural supplements.
Useful recipes with colorless dye
Colorless henna is used to strengthen and nourish weakened hair, without dyeing them in other tones. The clear powder also treats the scalp. To enhance the effect or add new therapeutic properties, the tool is mixed with oils or other substances.
On the Internet you can find many recipes for masks based on colorless henna:
- Firming. The colorless powder is diluted in hot water to a pasty mass and 2–3 drops of olive or castor oil are added. The solution is applied to the curls and kept under polyethylene for 50 minutes.
- Restoring. To prepare the mask take henna, 20 g of pomegranate juice and 1 egg yolk. The ingredients are well mixed and the resulting texture is distributed throughout the head of hair. Rinse off should be in 40−45 minutes.
- Dandruff and itching. Healing powder is diluted with cognac in equal proportions, add 1 teaspoon ground cloves and 2 drops of olive oil to the mixture. The components are well mixed, the resulting composition is applied to the strands and leave for 30 minutes.
- For dry scalp. To the diluted powder add 2 tablespoons of yogurt. You can add a few drops of orange oil to the mass. The mask is kept for about 40 minutes, and then washed off with warm water.
- For oily skin. For the mask, you must take 30 g of colorless henna, 1 teaspoon of lemon juice and half a spoon of honey. The ingredients are thoroughly stirred, the resulting mixture is treated strands. After 40−45 minutes, the product is washed off with shampoo.
Masks should be used no more than 1-2 times a week. Please note that the effect will not be noticeable immediately. Owners of dry hair should be careful with such formulations, because frequent use of henna can dry them out even more.
When choosing a coloring agent, preference is given today to natural products, the ideal of which is Indian henna for hair. Shades of oriental products make it possible to choose the best option for each color of curls. The beneficial properties of henna will also help get rid of problems with hair and scalp.