In this article you will learn about the basic techniques of weaving braids with step by step photos. After reading it, you will be able to independently create both everyday, simple, and the most exquisite and extraordinary designer hairstyles.
Two parallel Dutch braids
Two parallel Dutch braids. Step 1-2
Two parallel Dutch braids. Step 3-4
Two parallel Dutch braids. Step 5-6
Braid braid step by step photos: varieties
Spit is not only one of the most feminine, but also practical hairstyles. With braided hair, you can safely pass through the whole day, without fear that they will become numb. Moreover, this hairstyle is quite versatile and looks natural and harmonious both in a business setting and at a youth party.
Luxurious braid of harnesses
Romantic Spit WaterfallFrench braid braided around the head
There are several main types of braid weaving:
- classic Russian;
- European: Swiss, Greek, English, Dutch and famous French weaving;
- Eastern: tows (side braids), ropes, threads, braids, zizi, curls, rasta, etc .; the last three types can be used for short hair;
- Designer: "French waterfall", braids from knots, Lino Russo, "basket", "dragon", "fish tail", "eight", etc.
The best way to learn any of the techniques is to watch video tutorials on this topic or study photos of step-by-step braid weaving. And for any of these weaves, you can use not only your own hair, but also overhead strands or hairpieces. Their color can be either combined with your own hair color or contrasted with it: the main thing is not to use more than three colors at the same time.How to braid a ponytail with a scythe
How to braid a ponytail with a scythe. Step 1
How to braid a ponytail with a scythe. Step 2
Tip! Recently, the so-called careless styling, which can be used with any kind of weaving, has become very popular. But even in this case, the strands must be evenly stretched and not out of the general style. Otherwise, the hairstyle will look just sloppy.
The traditional Russian braid has long been a frequent guest on many famous catwalks: the Valentino fashion house, theatrical shows of Victor & Rolf, Emerson, etc. more braid However, it is easy to master even such complex types of braiding by using step-by-step photos.
How to braid a high hair out of braids. Step 1-2
How to braid a high hair out of braids. Step 3-4
How to braid a high hair out of braids. Step 5-6
How to braid a high hair out of braids. Step 7-8
How to braid a high hair out of braids. Step 9-10
The traditional Russian braid consists of three equal strands that are intertwined alternately. It can be not only smooth, but also voluminous, slightly disheveled, multicolor, asymmetric or used in combination with other types of hairstyles. Hair can be divided into straight or oblique asymmetrical parting or not at all parting. Weaving can also vary the density of weaving and the number of strands used.
One of the varieties of the Russian braid is weaving "spike": a technique that allows you to achieve the volume and pomp of hairstyles. In this case, only two strands are used with the sequential addition of new ones. The order of their addition may be different. However, for the hairstyle to look neat, the density of each new added strand must be the same.
Hairstyle with a scythe in the Greek style
Hairstyle with a scythe in the Greek style. Step 1-4
Hairstyle with a scythe in the Greek style. Step 5-8
Tip! Perfectly smooth braids look unnecessarily strictly, so it is worthwhile to allow individual strands to slightly break out.
Straight from Europe
Designers distinguish several variants of weaving that came to us from Europe:
- Swiss braid: woven according to the principle of Russian, but before that, each of the strands is twisted into a tight braid, due to which the hairstyle looks more voluminous; such weaving is perfectly combined with any style and looks great both with jeans or an open summer dress, as well as with a business or cocktail suit; step-by-step weaving of such braids on medium hair or hair of maximum length can be seen below;
- French weaving: in contrast to the “spikelet”, strands are woven not one over the other, but stacked inside; the braid starts with a small bundle divided into 3 main strands, with a gradual addition of 2-3 cm more so that at the end of the weave all the hair is collected; strands can be taken from one side or from both sides; weaving can be direct (to itself) or reverse (from itself); start from the top of the head or pass over the entire head in the form of a wreath;
French braid bezel
Bezel from the French braid. Step 1-4
Bezel from the French braid. Step 5-8
Bezel from the French braid. Step 9-12
- English: its only difference from the Russian version is that the weaving begins with a horse tail, fixed on the back of the head or closer to the crown; similar braid weaving for long hair is shown in a step-by-step photo;
- Dutch: spit "inside out"; interlaced strands do not hide inside the hair, but rise above it;
- Greek: a combination of smooth hair and a braid that resembles a bezel running all over the head; at the same time three small strands are taken closer to the parting, the rest of the hair is temporarily stabbed; gradually, small strands are added around the circle, with the help of which such a bezel-braid is firmly held on the head; There may be two streamers, in which case they start from two sides of the parting and then split at the back of the head into one.
Greek hairstyle with a bun and a braid. Step 1-2
Greek hairstyle with a bun and a braid. Step 3-6
Greek hairstyle with a bun and a braid. Step 7-8
Tip! Stylists advise before weaving to make a little bouffant at the roots. He will make hair more lush, and hair - more feminine. This technique is especially relevant when creating evening hairstyles.
A distinctive feature of these hairstyles is the intricate shape and the presence of large, conspicuous jewelry:
- harnesses (Sinhalese braids or screw braids): hair is divided into two equal strands, each of which is twisted in one direction; then both strands intersect and twist in the opposite direction; harnesses can be used in combination with loose strands, tail, side braids, etc .;
- spit-ropes: the side parting is done on the hair, and the weaving (twisting of two small strands) begins on the side where there is more hair; when such a spit passes around, new small strands are added around the head; at the level of the neck, it is intertwined with the bulk of the hair in the direction opposite to the main weave;
- afrokosichki (Brady): many small braids, weaving from the back of the head to the temples; they can be freely dismissed, one of them can be made of one or several thick braids, make a tail of them, twist them into a shell, etc .;
Afrokos is back in fashion
African braid weave
Afro-braids are great for a girl's summer look
With this hairstyle, it is convenient to send the child to the camp or to the sea
- Zizi: a type of braid, ultra-thin braids made of artificial hair, created using machine weaving; woven into each individual strand of your own hair;
- Curley: the method is similar to zizi, but the curls twist into a tight spiral; can be used for building.
With the help of step-by-step photos for beginners weaving braids can be mastered quite quickly. The main thing - patience and utmost attentiveness.
Tip! Unravel small braids quite problematic. To facilitate this procedure, before creating the hair, the hair should be thoroughly rinsed with a cleansing shampoo, not usual, and then apply any quality balm on them.
Modern design techniques used in weaving
In recent years, hairstyles from braids have received the most unexpected performance. However, for any design techniques, they are, in fact, improved ethnic variants of the Russian, European and Oriental versions:
- "French Falls": resembles the usual one or two braids, starting at the temples and ending at the back of the head; however, each lower strand is released in a "free swim" and freely falls on its back. The hairstyle can have all sorts of variations: be asymmetrical, go through any part of the head, sag, etc. Can be used even on short hair;
How to braid braid waterfall. Step 1-4
How to braid braid waterfall. Step 5-8
- spit from knots: two strands are interconnected with a series of knots; at the same time, it can intertwine as part of the hair (one or two small knots are used as a peculiar decoration), as well as their entire volume;
- Lino Rousseau: a combination of nodes and technology "spike". After each knot, new hairs are added to the already selected strands; for such a hairstyle, the hair should be trimmed exactly and be the same along the entire length;
- "snake": the usual French braid is not located along one line, but wriggles over the entire surface of the head; may have 2-3 or more turns;
- “basket”: a part of the hair on the top of the head is collected in a high tail, then a regular French braid is woven from the temple with alternate addition of locks from the tail and loose hair;
Large French Spit
- weaving "cornow": classic afrokosichki located throughout the head in the form of a geometric pattern resembling rows of corn (from the English. corn - corn and row - row); To obtain such a pattern, each miniature braid is woven in the manner of a classic French braid.
French braid, matched up
Tip!To facilitate weaving when creating hairstyles from braids, you can use any means for styling: foam, varnish or gel.
French braid, picked up. Step 1-4
French braid, picked up. Step 7-8
Short hair weave
Thanks to improved weaving methods and the presence of modern fixation tools, you can decorate yourself with braids even with short hair:
- "rim": two braids are woven at the temples, and then fastened with hairpins on the back of the head;
- parting from braids: interlacing of side strands located on one or two sides of the face;
- bangs with double oblique: the upper part of the face is framed by two small braids;
- pigtail around the head: it can be located in any part of it, pass over the entire head, or is to the left, to the right of the face, or braided only on the back of the head;
- "French bangs": long bangs can be removed to the side in the form of a French braid; since in the case of a short haircut, the hairs will invariably hang around, it is necessary to beat up and disheve the rest of the hair so that it looks as organic as possible;
- a combination of punk style and French braid: some curls are combed in the form of a mohawk; side strands are woven.
Spit around head for short hair
Spit around your head for short hair. Step 1-2
Spit around your head for short hair. Step 3-4
Spit around your head for short hair. Step 5-6
Spit around your head for short hair. Step 7-8
Uneven strands left after weaving are best secured with one or more barrettes or rubber bands. Young girls can be woven into the hair with a bright satin ribbon to match the clothes. This ribbon can also be carefully threaded into an already finished hairstyle with the help of a large “Gypsy” needle.
Tip! When weaving two braids, it is important that they remain at the same level (unless, of course, asymmetry is not one of the main elements of the hairstyle).
Who will spit?
Perhaps there is no girl or woman who would not be able to face hair from braids. However, there are several rules that should be followed when choosing a method of weaving:
- girls and women with an oval face can use all kinds of braids;
- in order to visually round a narrow face, all hair should not be woven into the hair - a few strands must be gently curled around the cheeks; in such cases, it is not necessary to completely open the roots and to lift the hair too much; styling should be as soft and natural as possible;
- a wide face, on the contrary, should be visually lengthened, therefore the braid must be started in the area of the crown, while allowing the face to open completely;
Charming braid fishtail
How to braid a fishtail braid. Step 1
How to braid a fishtail braid. Step 2
How to braid a fishtail braid. Step 3
How to braid a fishtail braid. Step 4
How to braid a fishtail braid. Step 5
- with a wide forehead and narrow chin (triangular face), it is required to visually give the volume of its lower part; You can do it with the help of a long bang, which is not interwoven into a braid, but is located asymmetrically on one of the sides;
- owners of a large rectangular face should be as careful as possible to use small parts and a hairstyle of several thin braids: it is better to decorate it with one or two widest and long braids.
Tip! Any kinds of braids can be decorated with cloth, ribbons, rims, pearl threads, decorative hairpins, rhinestones, brooches, fresh flowers, etc.
For example, you can master weaving braids with ribbons using a step-by-step photo. However, in order for this hairstyle to look harmonious, it must be ideally combined with the chosen style of clothing.