Many novice runners are wondering how to choose the right sneakers for running to improve their technique? We will try to answer this question in as much detail as possible.
Let's try to listen to the advice of experts on how to choose running shoes for running. What do they say about this? Why is it important to pay attention to the right shoes?
Running shoes have many differences from other shoes
How running shoes are different from normal?
As you know, shoes for sports is different from normal. So, football shoes for training in the gym should have an ideal grip. For playing on the grass, they are additionally equipped with spikes. Weightlifting shoes must have a small heel and a hard sole.
The main difference between running shoes are:
- small weight;
- the presence of depreciation in the heel or toe part to absorb and dissipate shock overloads; in high-quality sneakers, most often for these purposes a special gel, plastic waves or foamed polyurethane airbag is used; the location of shock-absorbing devices depends not only on the structure of the specific foot, but also on the chosen technique of running;
- high flexibility of the front of the shoe;
- the presence of inserts made of durable rubber or plastic to increase the resistance of the sole to abrasion;
- asymmetrical lacing to adjust tightness;
- the presence of instep in the insole to reduce compression on the spine; and such insoles must necessarily be removable, so that if necessary they can be replaced by orthopedic.
Pay attention to the presence of depreciation in the heel or toe part to absorb and dissipate shock overloads
Tip! Quality running models are expensive. Therefore, if you use jogging only as a warm-up before the main workout, you can not buy special sneakers. It is enough to choose any light and comfortable shoes that fit perfectly on the foot.
Shoes depending on the type of coating
To choose the "right" sneakers for running, you should be guided by the type of coverage. Depending on its type, sports sneakers are divided into three groups:
- trail for cross-country running (for example, in a forest or a park): tighter and denser; should have a more “aggressive” tread for perfect adhesion to the soil;
- running shoes for treadmills: have a thinner sole and a more flexible top;
- designed for training on a dense hard surface (for example, asphalt): similar to models for treadmills, but must have the ideal shock absorbers to compensate for shocks.
Running shoes on a hard surface should have ideal shock absorbers to compensate for shocks
Tip! Novice athletes very often ask the question: "How to choose sneakers for running on asphalt?" However, running on hard asphalt tracks is not the best solution for poor legs. If you decide to go in for sports, it is better to choose for this purpose specialized treadmills made of rubber and with sufficient cushioning, or take classes in the forest or park and run on relatively soft, springy soil.
Sneakers for women
Few people know that a woman’s foot has a different shape and proportion. This means that no matter how you like unisex sneakers, you should choose only special women's shoes for sports, which have:
- extra heel height; such shoes significantly reduce the risk of damage to the Achilles (heel) tendon;
- narrower block;
- softer depreciation.
An exception to the above rules is "marathon" shoes designed for competition. When you create it, the main focus is on lightening the weight of the sneakers. However, for regular training they are not intended.
Women's running shoes, unlike men's, have an extra height in the heel area; these shoes significantly reduce the risk of damage to the Achilles (heel) tendon
Tip! When choosing shoes for running, you should always take into account your own weight. The less trained your muscles and the greater the body weight, the more shock-absorbing your shoes should have. To protect the joints from premature wear and partial removal of the load from the ligaments and tendons, people with increased body weight should also select models with thickened protectors.
Categories Stability and Neutral. Flat feet
Without going into the terminology, we will try to explain what Stability and Neutral shoes are. The fact is that some people involuntarily, when walking or running, slightly turn their feet out. This type of gait is sometimes called "ballet". Special footwear is also needed for people who, when walking or running, are a little muddy (here we have in mind not foot defects, which require special custom-made footwear, namely gait features).
Thus, depending on the type of foot installation, manufacturers offer several types of running shoes with a special cut:
- labeled Neutral: with special shock absorbers located on the sides of the foot, for people who put their feet slightly to the side (kosolapyat);
- shoes for people with "ballet" feet; Stability marked.
There are special running sneakers, depending on the vyvorotnosti foot
Shy and consider in the store their feet on the subject of clubfoot, flat-footed or "ballet" gait is not worth it. In ordinary life, these small defects are very few people catch the eye. When choosing a comfortable and safe shoes for sports, the features of foot setting can be crucial. Moreover, people with an ideal gait are not so often met - for example, more than 20% of the population suffers from flat-footedness only.
Tip! In the presence of transverse or longitudinal flat-footedness, special orthopedic insoles (instep supports) should be inserted into running shoes to reduce the load on the musculoskeletal system and reduce the risk of injury.
Choosing shoes for the season
If the summer season ends and autumn comes, it is time to change sports shoes. Unfortunately, light and breathable summer models get wet too quickly, and it is undesirable to use them for the autumn-spring period.
Sneakers manufactured using Gore-tex membrane technology. (marked g-tx), have excellent ventilation properties and almost absolute water resistance
Even if the products are made of cloth, it is not necessary that they get wet. For example, sneakers made using Gore-tex membrane technology. (with marking g-tx), possess the excellent ventilating properties and almost absolute water tightness.
For the autumn-spring period, you can purchase high-quality fabric sneakers with special water-repellent impregnation. Of course, you shouldn’t get into deep puddles or run through the snow in them, but in wet, wet weather they will become a reliable protection for your feet.
Products for winter should be made of more dense materials that can retain heat. Taking into account warm socks, they should be taken 0.5 times larger than normal. The tread of such shoes should be more stable and better adhere to the surface than in summer shoes.
Tip! How to choose running shoes for winter? When buying a winter sneaker, be sure to bring socks in which you plan to play sports. This will help to correctly determine the size.
For the autumn-spring period, you can buy high-quality fabric sneakers with special water-repellent impregnation
Sneakers training and "marathon"
Shoes for running, depending on the destination is divided into:
- regular training;
- intended only for competitions, including marathons, have a thinner sole and weight, but the foot in them is protected from physical influences much less.
Tip! Despite the fact that sneakers designed for competitions are very light and comfortable, they should not be used for training in any case. After all, the degree of protection in their feet is minimized.
Sneakers from Nike
This shoe won the title of the best running shoes for good reason. Its distinctive feature is the "wafer" sole, due to which not only their weight is reduced, but also the thrust force increases when running. It was this patented invention that brought the manufacturer to the top.
This shoe won the title of the best running shoes for good reason.
Its distinctive feature is the "wafer" sole, due to which not only their weight is reduced, but also the thrust force increases when running
Nike's sole is hard enough, but the toe is softer and more elastic.
Since most of us walk or jog on from heel to toe, Nike’s sole is hard enough, but the toe is softer and more elastic. A foam cushion is used as a shock absorber.
Tip! How to choose sneakers for running Nike? "Real" sneakers from this company have a sole made of the most complex composite material. One more characteristic detail of such footwear is the small accurate label attached to the inside of the tongue.
The Japanese company Asix, which has its own research institute to study running shoes, also deserves the utmost attention. The top of such shoes is quite tight and perfectly protects the feet from dust and moisture. As a shock absorber, the Japanese use a special gel block.
Asics Gel-Trail: with heel shock absorber
You can choose two types of running shoes for Asics:
- Asics Gel-Trail: with shock absorber in the heel area;
- Asics Gel-Kayano: with a special stretchable mesh.
Tip! When choosing shoes Asix should definitely pay attention to its weight. Fake sneakers use heavier and cheaper materials.
Asics Gel-Kayano: with special tensile mesh
Pay attention to the sole. In most cases, it is performed by Trusstic technology of cast elements in the middle. Ordinary rubber or cheap plastic in this case, of course, is not used by the Japanese.
These sneakers are not only included in the category of the most aesthetically attractive, but also have a small weight, so they are perfectly suited for sports. The top of such footwear is constructed on the Reebok NanoWeb technology and has the ventilated grid. It securely holds the foot in any bending of the foot and significantly reduces the risk of injury.
The top of this shoe is constructed using Reebok NanoWeb technology and has a ventilated mesh.
Sole Reebok is designed for high speed and has perfect grip
The sole of Reebok is designed for high speed and has perfect grip. For a comfortable run, the manufacturer has created products on the most flexible and soft soles.
Tip! When choosing products Reebok should pay attention to the quality of the seams - in this manufacturer they are ideal. Fake specimens often have traces of glue, burrs and a strong pronounced smell of chemistry. The authenticity of the goods can be judged by the packaging: it must be performed as well as the shoes themselves.
These products are made on a thin, but very durable and flexible outsole technology QuickStrike. Americans offer two basic types of running shoes for running:
- Climacool Ride: breathable with foot ventilation and intensive removal of heat and moisture from the top of a breathable mesh, a special perforated insole and vent inserts in the sole;
- Adizero Takumi Sen: super lightweight models for competitions weighing up to 180 g with a supporting foot design.
Climacool Ride: breathable sneakers with foot ventilation and intensive removal of heat and moisture from the top of a breathable mesh, a special perforated insole and ventilation inserts in the sole
Adizero Takumi Sen: super lightweight models for competitions weighing up to 180 g with a foot supporting structure
Tip! If you do not have the opportunity to purchase Adidas in a specialized store of this company, be sure to check out the manufacturer’s official website. Compare the color you chose in the store with those suggested on the site. It is possible that these colors Adidas simply does not release. Also note that the Adidas logo must be embossed and not a sticker. The same advice can be used when choosing shoes of other brands.
5 practical tips when choosing shoes for running
At the end of the article we will try to briefly describe the main points that you should also pay attention to when choosing running shoes for running:
- Even new sneakers should not be sitting on the leg butt - you should be able to move your fingers a little.
- Do not use too old shoes for sports. Shock absorbers in such sneakers, most likely, have long since sunk.
- Do not listen to salespeople trying to convince you that sneakers will stretch over time and “curl” your leg as needed. There is no need to wear good shoes.
Do not use too old shoes for sports. Shock absorbers in such sneakers, most likely, have sunk long ago
- In order not to be mistaken in size, never go for a fitting in the evening with legs swollen after a long working day.
- To accurately select the size of running shoes, it is better to pass a special foot test using an iStep-scanner. Moreover, such a scanner can not only perfectly determine your size, but also the type of arched arch of your foot, the pressure force of certain areas and other parameters. In the centers selling sports shoes, testing of selected shoes on treadmills is also used.