Sting, whose best songs are known to several generations of music lovers, conquers with extraordinary talent
Studying the history of music, Sting conquers with an extraordinary talent, the best songs of which are known to several generations of music lovers. The musician has something to learn: his stubbornness and faith in people gives hope for a bright future.
The real name of the singer is Gordon Matthew Thomas Sumner. He was born on October 2, 1951 in the north of England and was an ordinary boy who studied in a Catholic school and attended piano lessons. He received his first guitar when he was 10 years old and has since become inseparable from music.
Sting notes that Jimi Hendrix had a significant influence on his musical taste and becoming a musician. As a boy he listened to his music, was fond of jazz, which is strange for that time.
The history of the creative way Sting
The story of the formation of Gordon Sumner famous Sting deserves respect. His career began in 1974 and continues today. The musician touches on important topics for humanity and believes that peace should be ruled by love, not war. Music helps to live and forget about problems, and no one needs a weapon. If you get rid of it, people will become kinder and causeless killings will stop.
Sting notes that Jimi Hendrix had a significant influence on his musical taste and becoming a musician. As a boy, he listened to his music, was fond of jazz, which is strange for that time.
By education, Sting is a teacher and it was during the period of teaching that his own self-awareness came to him. He began to play with little-known jazz bands. It was during the game in one of them (Phoenix Jazzmen) Gordon turned into Sting.
Sting's nickname means sting. The nickname came from the beloved sweater of the singer in the black and yellow strip, which was associated with a hard-working insect.
In 1977, Sting met with Stewart Copeland, and this event becomes a turning point in the singer's life. The flowering of creativity begins with participation in The Police. After all, it is included in the hall of fame rock and roll and awarded the Grammy Awards.
Sting's nickname means sting. The nickname came from the beloved sweater of the singer in the black and yellow strip, which is associated with a hard-working insect
In 1986, the singer comes to realize his importance, and he decides to start a solo career, which gave him worldwide recognition. He returned to the group The Police once in 2003. But after five years, the team fell apart again and finally.
Interesting! Sting claims that he is not exposed to nostalgia, because he does not like to do the same thing. This is one of the secrets of its development. Constantly seeking new heights is what it means to live.
Discography of Sting
Sting's independent career bore fruit with the release of the first disc, entitled The Dream of the Blue Turtles. He became platinum thanks to the single album, Russians. The song became unusually relevant during the Cold War between the United States and the USSR. The lines "Russians also love their children" are still relevant today. By the way, in the single he used the melody of the Russian composer Prokofiev from the suite Lieutenant Kizhe.
The next equally popular album becomes Nothing Like The Sun. It was released in 1987 and immediately took first place in the music ratings. The singer drew the famous Mersalis, Andy Summers, Eric Clapton and Mark Knopfler to create the album. The most popular is the song They Dance Alone, because its theme at the time was the most relevant (dedicated to victims of repression in Chile).
1999 Brand New Day became three times platinum in the USA and once in the UK
Sting becomes a mature composer after losing his parents, after whom he released a new album. The soul cages. The autobiographical album comes out in 1991. The single is rightfully placed in fifth place in the rating of Billboard magazine.
The following collection of songs finally presented the world with a new singer: Ten summoner's tales. The hits "If I Ever Lose My Faith in You" and "Fields of Gold" appear in the album Summoner's Tales. Also included are two new songs "When We Dance" and "This Cowboy Song".
A little weaker than previous albums became Mercury fallinghowever the fans were satisfied. The main track "Brand New Day" became a hit and was placed on the 13th place of British music ratings. The album even received two awards in the USA.
In 1999, a new disk Brand new daywhich became triply platinum in the USA and once in the UK.
On the day of the disaster of September 11, 2001 a new album was released. All this timeWhich distinguished modesty. Live album helped record the musicians McBride and Rebello, well-known in the world of jazz.
For the song "Send Your Love" the singer received a Grammy
Impressed by what happened on this date, Sting revised his attitude to music in 2003 and released a new disc. Sacred love. He is imbued with pain for people and general incomprehension, but he still claims that love will save everyone. The singer gets the next Grammy award for the song "Send Your Love".
In 2006, the world presented a new disc. Song from the Labyrinth.
In 2009 a golden album for the USA was released. If ON a Winter's Night.
July 13, 2010 disk released Symphonicities.
The first studio album in the last 10 years was released in 2013 under the name The last ship.
In 2015, the joint work of Sting with Mylene Farmer showed the world the single "Stolen Car". This is a cover of the song, which he himself released in 2003 from the album Sacred Love.
In 2016, the musician pleased the fans with the promise that on November 11 a new disc will be on sale. 57th & 9 th, named from two streets that intersect on the way from Sting to the recording studio.
Interesting!Sting is an example of peace. He is against firearms because he considers them totem. It is designed to do terrible things. That is why the singer never in his life held a gun in his hands.
In 2016, the musician pleased the fans with the promise that on November 11 a new 57th & 9 th disc goes on sale, called from two streets that intersect along the way from Sting to the recording studio
What caused the popularity of the song "Shape of My Heart"
The most famous song of Sting is considered "Shape of My Heart" ("Silhouette of My Heart"). People who do not know English are genuinely surprised when they find out that in fact the song is not about love. Although the name suggests romance.
The song received wide popularity due to the fact that it was used in the cult film "Leon" by Luc Besson. Lyrical music makes even people with a callous heart cry in the final episode, when the main character is killed, and the girl gives a flower a new life, transplanting it from a pot to the ground.
The singer himself explains the meaning of the song as a delight from the card player. He does not seek victory, but enjoys the game and all the time trying to understand the fate and its laws. The deep philosophical meaning is that the mask of a poker player never changes. He bluffs in life, trying to deceive fate.
The most famous song of Sting is Shape of My Heart, it was played in the film Leon Luc Besson
Fans of Sting's creativity find their meaning in the track, linking it with romantic relationships. Between the lines they hear a secret meaning about the relationship with his wife and mistress. Some trace the thread that leads to the veracity of the Tarot cards. The third category of fans claims that "Shape of My Heart" is written about a British intelligence spy.
All songs of Sting please with a variety of speech, knowledge of stylistic figures and their use. In this case, the chorus is saturated with homonyms, where the musician compares card suits with objects. Worms he associates with hearts, which is not strange. However, spikes are cold weapons, and clubs are like clubs. The faces of diamonds are similar to diamonds.
In the overseas charts, "Shape of My Heart" was not particularly popular and ranked 57th. But in Russia, the song is still a real hit.
In the overseas charts, Shape of My Heart was not particularly popular and ranked 57th. But in Russia, the song is still a real hit.
Sting's Most Popular Songs
Over the years of hard work, Sting has a dozen popular songs that have not been heard unless deaf. We made a rating of ten points, although it can be supplemented with other hits of the musician:
- The first place is occupied by the song "Englishman in New York". We can say that this is an autobiographical song, since Sting achieved popularity not only in his native England, but throughout the world. However, he did not change his beliefs, but remained as he was. So it is sung about the main character of the song.
- In second place is the track "Shape of My Heart"which hundreds of thousands of people know by heart.
- Three closes the song "Fields of Gold". The track is simple, uncomplicated. The bagpipe and guitar combined with vocals create a melancholic atmosphere, but it is worthy of applause.
Englishman in New York is an autobiographical song, since Sting gained popularity not only in his native England, but throughout the world
- The famous song that unites people of different races, nationalities, religions, social statuses - "Desert Rose". Sting reminds that all people live on the same Earth and do not deserve cruelty from each other.
- Song helps to get rid of depression "Fragile". It helps to forget about troubles and believe in the best.
- In the sixth place ranking is the song "If I Ever Lose My Faith In You". She conveys the personal style of Sting. Strong text and the same music wins the hearts of listeners and adds fans to the army of musician fans.
- Discourse on the eternal problems in this romance "Mad About You". Love occupies an important place in the world order. Without it, it is difficult to live and meaningless. Only feelings return to life and make a person a man. The beautiful text is complemented by the sounds of a violin and measured background music.
Song If I Ever Lose My Faith In You conveys the best way to individual style of Sting
- Eighth place ranking goes to the song "When We Dance". The musician pays tribute to the music and its place in the lives of people. She gives strength to fight, helps to forget about the bustle. The whole melody is sustained in one quiet pace, but the track is really remembered.
- Studying the work of Sting, you can not miss the song "Russians". She played a key role in the development of the musician. The singer encourages people for good and peace, pointing out that the weapon was created for evil and war. And you need to destroy it for a quiet life. He recalls children who are not guilty of anything.
- Nice light song "Seven Days" closes the top ten best songs of Sting. It is simple and positive. It causes pleasant feelings, smile and joy.
Tip!To make an impression about the work of Sting, you need to listen to songs that the whole world has recognized. They will help to understand the soul of the musician and fix it in everyone’s heart.
Pleasant easy Seven Days closes the top ten songs of Sting
Interesting facts about the singer
Sting lives to its fullest. He uses all his strength, creativity and mental abilities. It is an inexhaustible resource for moving forward. Over the years, life has accumulated facts that are interesting to his fans, music fans and just educated people. He shares them with us:
- Sting has six children;
- The artist founded the Foundation for the Protection of the Tropical Forests, so the Brazilian woods were named after him: Dendropsophus stingi;
- the pseudonym Gordon previously belonged to wrestler Steve Borden, after which he was bought by the singer;
- to maintain health, Sting ran 8 kilometers every morning for years;
- in 1995, the artist accuses the accountant of stealing income, for which he was imprisoned for six years;
The musician financially supported the young director Guy Ritchie and therefore received the episodic role of the father Eddie in the notorious film "Cards, Money, Two Barrels"
- in Hollywood, on the Walk of Fame, there is Sting's star for his great contribution to the world of music;
- the musician financially supported the young director Guy Ritchie and therefore received the episodic role of Eddie's father in the notorious film "Cards, Money, Two Barrels";
- revenues from the charity album Song for Japan are transferred to the fund to help the Japanese after the earthquake and tsunami of 2011;
- Sting itself prepares wine, which is highly appreciated by experts;
- in 1993, Sting recorded the single "All for Love" along with Adams and Stuart, after which he became the soundtrack for the film "The Three Musketeers".
- The singer recommends that you treat yoga with respect, as it helps to meditate. He compares this state with the writing of the song, when each line passes through the soul. This requires a certain level of purity of consciousness.
The singer recommends to treat yoga with respect, as it helps to meditate. He compares this state with the writing of the song, when each line passes through the soul
Sting achieved success by hard work. He did not bring anything on a silver platter. Only faith in one’s own strength, endless love of music and dedication is the secret of success.