Panorama of Rome reflects the history of the three thousand years of the spiritual city
It is not by chance that the capital of Italy is Rome, whose panorama reflects the history of three thousand years of existence of a spiritual city. This is one of the most visited tourist places in the world, as historical, architectural monuments of the Antiquity, Medieval and Renaissance epoch are preserved here. The city is located on the Tiber River and is considered unique because in its very center there is a separate state - the Vatican (the capital of Catholicism).
Rome is one of the most visited tourist places in the world, as historical, architectural monuments of the Antiquity, Medieval and Renaissance epoch are preserved here.
Visiting the scenic places of Rome, the tourist is immersed in the wisdom of generations, which is sealed in every building, sculpture, museum
Breathe the greatness of previous generations and the romance of modern Europe can be here
Panorama of ancient Rome
Having visited the scenic places of Rome, the tourist is immersed in the wisdom of generations, which is sealed in every building, sculpture, museum. Breathe the greatness of previous generations and the romance of modern Europe can be here.
The greatness and power of the Vatican
The Vatican is a state located in the western part of Rome on the right bank of the Tiber. Founded in 1929 for the clergy of the Roman Catholic Church. Here is the residence of the Pope. The population is 1000 people.
The territory of the Vatican is surrounded by medieval walls to define borders. Inside there are whole palace complexes, conquering with grandeur and mysteriousness. In Italy, there are individual objects that belong to the Vatican. These are educational institutions, the summer residence of the Pope, Santa Maria di Gallery radio station, the Basilica of San Giovanni in Lutherno.
Vatican - a state located in the western part of Rome on the right bank of the Tiber
St. Peter's Cathedral in Gold
St. Peter’s Cathedral is considered to be the greatest creation designed by Donato Bramante.
Thousands of tourists and pilgrims go to Rome to see the superb panorama of St. Peter's Square. In the center rises a twenty-five obelisk, and around - architectural and historical monuments. The main one is the Cathedral of St. Peter. He is considered the greatest creation. It was designed by Donato Bramante. A colonnade of 284 columns, created by Lorenzo Bernini, surrounds the square. The facade of the building is designed to the smallest detail by Karl Madern, and the creation of Michelangelo, to whom the cathedral is crowned, is still astonishing and anxious favor.
Thousands of tourists and pilgrims go to Rome to see the superb panorama of St. Peter's Square. In the center stands a twenty-five obelisk, and around - architectural and historical monuments.
It is in the Vatican that the residence of the Pope is located.
St. Peter's Basilica
Tip! If you climb the dome of St. Peter, you can see the best panorama of Rome. For a walk, choose the dawn. It is at this time that the city wakes up and begins to "breathe."
Shopping streets of Rome
Over the 29 centuries of existence, Rome has become not only the economic and political center of Italy, but also the whole of Europe. On every street, tourists will find the historical value and beauty of the panoramic view.
Roman streets, which certainly need to be visited, are conventionally divided into three types:
- most beautiful.
Piazza di Spagna is considered the center of expensive branded stores. Also located here is the Spanish Steps and the Borcaccio fountain.
On every street, tourists will find the historical value and beauty of the panoramic view.
Cozy alleys hide small shops and restaurants.
Fans of shopping come to the city to admire not only the streets, but also the contents of shop windows. Among the many shopping streets should be distinguished Via del Corso and Via Vittoria. Here are the windows of shops, where you can cheaply skimp.
The center of brands is considered Piazza di Spagna. Here, a connoisseur of high-quality and expensive things will feel comfortable. The main attractions are the Spanish Steps, the Barcaccia Fountain and the Trinita dei Monti Church. In the young part is the palace of Spain, headed by the column "Immaculate".
Luxury and elegance blows on Via dei Condotti. It is considered the oldest and is located in the historical center. It houses shops of world-famous manufacturers.
Rome is full of panoramic sites, from which opens a great view of the city.
Lovers of romance can enjoy the magical sunsets
Piazza di Spagna and Via Condotti - a place of pilgrimage for shopaholics around the world
Jewelry to taste, designer bags to taste can be found on the Via Cola di Rienzo. The street is located north of the Vatican. The square of the same name adjacent to it is a sample of the Umbertinsky style of the end of the 19th century.
Fast food restaurants are located in the main grocery market of Rome. It is called Campo di Fiori. The terrain is distinguished by irregularity, since the houses of merchants and inns are mixed here. Earlier in the rectangular area arranged the death penalty.
Pantheon - the temple of all gods
In Rome, history and modernity live peacefully
Church of St. Mary de Lorento
Tip! Walking through the streets of Rome, you should follow the things. Petty thieves can ruin the day and shopping experience.
Beautiful streets of Rome
In Rome, all the streets can be called beautiful. However, the most fantastic and unique types of tourists celebrate on Via dei Coronari and Via Julia.
Via dei Coronari is located near the bridge of St. Angel. Famous for selling crowns of roses for pilgrims who keep their way here to St. Peter's Cathedral and trade in religious things. At one time, well-known courtesans lived in the adjacent quarters.
In Rome, all the streets can be called beautiful
Every turn is filled with Italian atmosphere.
Street cafes side by side with historic buildings
Holy Angel Bridge
The architectural value is the sacred niche that was created by Antonio de Sangallo. In it is located the image, where the Coronation of the Mother of God from the artist Perino del Vaga is depicted. The image to this day has been preserved in poor condition.
In the historic center of Rome, a half kilometer stretches Via Giulia. It represents the alternation of palaces and houses for the Florentine diaspora and private houses with shops in the facade.
Bridge and Castle of the Holy Angel
Stunning views here from any elevation.
Capitol Square - the center of political life of ancient Rome
The imperial forums also stand out with their grandeur and beauty. It amazes with archaeological artifacts and has a great historical value. From the ancient temples were massive columns and walls with paintings on the stone. Here are the forums of Julius Caesar, Augustus, Trajan, Nerva and the Temple of Peace. Each of them represents the best architectural pattern of its era.
Tip! Many reminders are almost not preserved in its original form, so it is important that the traveler had knowledge of the history of the creation of streets and a vivid imagination.
Famous monument of Italy - Colosseum
The Flavian Amphitheater is one of the most famous architectural monuments of ancient Rome. For a long time, the Colosseum was visited as a place of entertainment. Mostly there were gladiator fights, sea battles and bestial baiting. During its existence, he suffered from fires and destruction, but most of the memo has survived until today.
Flavian Amphitheater - one of the most famous architectural monuments of ancient Rome
For a long time, the Colosseum was visited as a place of entertainment. Mostly there were gladiator fights, sea battles and animal baiting.
During its existence, he suffered from fires and destruction, but most of the memo has survived until today.
Among the architectural features of the building architects distinguish:
- elegance and simplicity of design: the central arena of elliptical shape is surrounded by seats for spectators;
- along the arena radius there are walls of tuff;
- the outer wall of the amphitheater reaches fifty meters (the height of a twelve-storey building);
- eighty radial walls create original compartments of the structure;
- about 650 people fit into each compartment with a separate entrance;
- four tiers create an external wall (a deaf lower and three lower arched);
- the facing of the amphitheater is made of marble (after a while it was removed for the construction of palaces and churches).
Today, the Colosseum causes visitors admiration, although earlier this place saw a lot of horror and blood. The amphitheater is open to tourists from nine in the morning until late at night.The outer wall of the amphitheater reaches fifty meters (the height of a twelve-storey building)
Today, the Colosseum causes visitors admiration, although earlier this place saw a lot of horror and blood
Tip! The Colosseum was restored for a long time, but still you can see here in its original form the underground corridors for catapults, from which animals were released in ancient times. Be sure to visit this monument to plunge into the era of gladiators and brave warriors.
Parks of the city amaze with beauty and magnificence
A separate category of attractions in Rome can be identified parks. All are well maintained and green. Not a single traveler will not be indifferent to the monuments of different eras, observation platforms and magnificent gardens with villas.
Villa Borghese occupies 85 acres and begins on Pincho hill, from which opens the most beautiful panorama of Rome. Here you can relax under the dense greenery of trees, visit the Borghese Gallery and appreciate the magnificence of the collections, take a walk in the Biopark with animals, watch a movie, arrange a jog and even ride rental bikes. Here it is allowed to hold small picnics, feed the ducks and go boating. Green Park will be remembered for a long time.
Villa Borghese - the perfect place for a leisurely pastime.
Mussolini House or Villa Torlonia - a monumental complex with a wonderful garden. An excellent example of neoclassical architecture. Here you can enjoy the amazing nature and beauty of ancient statues that collected all generations of the Torlonia family.
Mussolini House or Villa Torlonia - a monumental complex with a wonderful garden
The richest park for the diversity of fauna - Villa Ada. It is located in the north of Rome. Here you can enjoy a big lake, cypress trees, palm trees and even pines. The park is popular among locals, because here you can skate in the winter, and in the summer to learn gymnastic routes.
The richest park for the diversity of fauna - Villa Ada
Celio Park located between the Coliseum and Thermal Caracalla. It is a small green oasis where you can retire with your thoughts and forget about the frailty of everyday life. Magnificent nature gives wisdom and strength. The villa, which is located here, is the residence of geographers, because it stores important maps of Italy.
Villa Pamphili located in the Gianicolo hill area. This green and huge park welcomes visitors with fresh greenery, beautiful flowers, well-groomed shrubs. In the warm season, people go on picnics and photo shoots here. You can participate in special cycling tours.
Villa Pamphili welcomes visitors with fresh greenery, beautiful flowers, well-groomed shrubs
Tip! To relax mentally, enjoy the pristine nature, you certainly need to visit the Roman parks. Each of them is good in its own way and will not leave anyone indifferent.
Fountains of Rome
Rome has nine main fountains, the panoramic view of which captures and awakens the imagination.
- Aqua Virgo - The aqueduct that supplies water to three fountains at once: Trevi, Barcaccia and the Four Rivers. This is a clean source with fresh water. Favorite place of tourists.
There are nine main fountains in Rome, the panoramic view of which captures and awakens the imagination.
- Barcaccia Fountain Baroque style. Located on the Plaza of Spain and looks like a half-submerged boat. This is a kind of monument to the flood of 1598, during which a boat was flooded on the square.
The fountain Barcaccia looks like a half-submerged boat
Beautiful view of the fountain and the Spanish Steps
- Meta Sudans - The fountain, which was located on the Square of the Colosseum until 1963. Now practically nothing is left of him. However, people who walk in this area claim that the place is filled with strength, freedom, because the gladiators used to bathe in the fountain.
- Triton Fountain designed by Lorenzo Bernini. It is valid today. It represents 4 dolphins with a huge shell on the tails, in which the statue of Triton is located. Not far from the building is a fountain of bees (also the work of Bernini).
Triton Fountain designed by Lorenzo Bernini
- Fountain of the Dioscuri located in front of the Quirinal Palace. A version has been preserved to this day since 1818, when Pope Pius the Sixth ordered a new version from Raffaela Stern. Supplemented by an obelisk from the Field of Mars.
The Dioscuri Fountain is supplemented by an obelisk from the Field of Mars.
- Trevi Fountain built by the architect Nicola Salvi at the facade of the Palazzo Poli. It is made in the Baroque style and perfectly complements the majestic facade of the palace. It is the largest fountain, which reaches 25.9 meters in height and 19.8 meters in width. It is decorated with mythical characters: Ocean, newts, hippocampus, Neptune. The world of illusion connects with realistic Roman soldiers and a young girl who points the way to the source.
Trevi Fountain built by architect Nicola Salvi at the facade of Palazzo Poli
It is made in the Baroque style and perfectly complements the majestic facade of the palace.
- Turtle fountain designed by architect Giacomo dela Port and created by the sculptor Taddeo Landini in the Renaissance style. Located on Mattei Square. Works today. You can learn it by bronze turtles that climb the top bowl of the fountain. Dolphins that complement the composition symbolize the expression "Hurry slowly."
The fountain of turtles was designed by the architect Giacomo dela Port and created by the sculptor Taddeo Landini in the Renaissance style.
- One of the most famous roman fountains - Four Rivers Fountain. It is located on Piazza Navona. Designed by Bernini and is a statue of the river gods that surround the Egyptian obelisk. The gods represent the main rivers of the four parts of the world: La Plata, Danube, Ganges, Nile.
One of the most famous Roman fountains is the fountain of the Four Rivers.
Designed by Bernini and is a statue of the river gods that surround the Egyptian obelisk
- Four fountains - architectural monument, which consists of four late Renaissance fountains. They are located at the crossroads of Quarte Fontano and Quirinale. The figures symbolize the river Tiber, Arno, the goddess Diana and the goddess Juno. Here is a beautiful panoramic view, as you can see three obelisks at once. The picture is complemented by the late Baroque church of San Carlo Alle Quattro Fontane.
Church of San Carlo Alle Cuattro Fontane
Tip! If you don’t have time to visit nine fountains at once, choose works by Lorenzo Bernini, as they reflect the essence of the era, are filled with meaning and amaze imagination.