Eyelash extensions - the achievement of modern cosmetology, which was the salvation for many girls who dream to amaze others with expressive eyes. However, the effect of the procedure does not last long, only 2-3 weeks, and then for beautiful ladies it becomes relevant to how to remove them. Many dare to do this at home, but not everyone knows how to carry out the procedure correctly.
Why there is a need to remove the extended eyelashes
In the slang of eyelash extension masters (they are called leshmeikers), the term “increased” was fixed, but from the literacy of writing and pronunciation the only option that is correct is “extended” (Academic Informational “Orthographic Academic Resource ACADEMOS” of the V.V. Vinogradov RAS as of August 2017).
Increased cilia begin to fall out with time: the composition to which they are attached gradually "weakens" under the influence of external factors (water, wind, mechanical effects, etc.). And more recently, a charming, languid look begins to lose its expressiveness. There are two ways to solve the problem:
- go to the master for the correction and return the original chic;
- remove extended cilia.
Extended eyelashes make the look expressive
The need to remove them arises if:
- the extension procedure was carried out exclusively on a special occasion (for example, to look great on wedding photos);
- you need to restore your own eyelashes (it is known that the buildup detrimental to their condition);
- it is necessary to rest on the sea coast (under the influence of salt water, such beauty will not last long, and it’s unlikely that you will be able to quickly find a suitable master away from home);
- bothers to walk with unnaturally long, doll eyelashes.
The easiest way to get rid of the "non-native" hairs can be by visiting your master, but this is not always possible. The decision of self-withdrawal occurs if:
- I do not want to spend time and money on going to the salon;
- being far from home, the girl does not know where to turn;
- all around are saying that it can be done easily and effortlessly at home.
Increased eyelashes really can be removed independently, but on the Internet you can find a lot of ways, resorting to which is not recommended.
Table: prohibited methods and their consequences
|Forbidden way||Possible consequences|
|Pulling extended eyelashes with your fingers or tweezers||Removal or significant damage to your own eyelashes|
|Otkovyrivanie "non-native" hairs with a toothpick, needle, pin||Damage to the eye mucosa, eyelid injury, inflammatory diseases of the eye|
|Removing with soap and other cleansers||Exhaustion, peeling of the skin around the eyes, inflammation of the conjunctiva|
|Use of steam bath||Under the action of hot steam, the glue will melt, and the eyelashes are really easy to remove, but getting hot to the eye mucosa is fraught with significant damage and burns.|
|Albucid Application||Albucidum - antibacterial drug for the treatment of eye diseases, produced in the form of drops. Using an eyelash medicine can cause puffiness, itching, redness, and allergic reactions.|
New cilia grow back in 2-4 weeks in the absence of inhibiting factors (eye and eyelid diseases, slower metabolism, the use of poor-quality cosmetics, etc.).
Many sources recommend "steam" eyelashes, do not do this: melted glue can drain into the eyes, damaging the mucous
Options for withdrawal at home
Before the procedure you need to prepare.
- prepare the necessary tools (it is important to ensure that all devices used are absolutely clean) and facilities;
- remove makeup and other impurities from the eyes by washing with a mild cleanser;
- wash hands thoroughly with soap;
- remove contact lenses if available.
In the shops of professional cosmetics, you can buy products that dissolve the composition that holds the extended eyelashes. These products are used by experts, their use in the home is considered relatively safe.
- Allergic test before use. Apply a little money on the skin behind the ear for 1-2 minutes and wait a day, if undesirable manifestations (redness, itching, burning, peeling, etc.) are not detected, the composition can be applied.
- To carry out the procedure, place yourself near the sink, so that if necessary you can quickly flush your eyes with running water.
- Avoid contact with the mucous membrane of the eye.
- Do not keep the drug on the eyelashes longer than the recommended time.
If the glue dissolves into the eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of running water and consult a doctor.
Description of the procedure
- Cut a cotton disc in half and make a depression in each semicircle so that it fits snugly to the edge of the lower eyelid.
- Using narrow tape, carefully attach the prepared devices under each eye.
- Slightly pull the eyelid and with a cotton swab to apply a means of gluing artificial eyelashes.
Remover can be either liquid or denser in texture.
- Close your eyes and wait 2-4 minutes.
- It is easy to massage the cilia: non-native hairs should easily move away. If necessary, use a brush or cotton swab.
- Wash under running water.
Video: remove eyelashes with cream remover
What drugs to use
The most commonly used debonder, however, this solvent has some drawbacks:
- Strong smell;
- liquid consistency;
- inability to use with sensitive skin of the eyes.
At home, experts recommend using a remuver in the form of a gel, or even better, a cream or paste. This is due to the fact that the drug:
- thanks to a dense consistence does not flow to eyes;
- convenient to use;
- effectively dissolves glue;
- can be used for sensitive skin, as it has a hypoallergenic composition.
You can buy eyelash remover in a specialty store.
Video: Debender and Remover Comparison
Examples of popular debondera in the photo
- Planet nails
- Salon professional
Experts say that if the eyelashes are glued to the resin or high-quality modern composition, remove them with oil is unlikely to succeed.
Description of the procedure
- Soak cotton pads in oil and put them on closed eyes.
- Lie down for half an hour or more, take off the compress.
- Easy to massage the cilia: unwanted hairs must peel off.
- Wash under running water.
- If necessary, repeat the procedure.
To enhance efficiency, you can leave the oil compress overnight. To discs do not sleep with the eyes, it is recommended to fix them with a bandage for sleep. Castor oil should not be left overnight — allergic reactions, eyelid swelling, redness and other “joys” are possible.
What oils to use
You can use any vegetable oil, even sunflower. However, in order to provide additional care for cilia, it is better to choose burdock or castor.
Castor oil will not only remove the extended eyelashes, but also take care of the "relatives"
This method will help if the eyelashes were attached to an inexpensive glue, otherwise it is better to resort to the more "strong" methods described above.
- In the line of eyelash growth apply any fat cream, avoiding contact with the funds in the eyes.
- After 15-20 minutes, massage the area with your fingertips. If the hairs do not separate, then you need to think about another way to remove them.
- Wash under running water.
What to do after removal: care procedures
This is how eyelashes look after removing artificial tufts and individual hairs.
Own cilia after removing the accumulated leave much to be desired: they look dull, weak and lifeless, which is the basis for the recovery procedures.
- Prepare herbal decoction. You can use chamomile, calendula, sage, cornflower or several herbs combined in the same proportions. A tablespoon of raw materials pour a glass of boiling water and stand for a couple of 3-5 minutes. After cooling, filter.
- In a warm broth soak 2 cotton discs and put on closed eyes.
- After 15-20 minutes, wash with running water.
This procedure can be pampered eyes immediately after removal, and then repeat 1-2 times a week for 1.5 months.
Nutrient makeup for eyelashes
For 2-4 weeks, twice a day, lubricate eyelashes nutrient. As such a product can be used:
- pure vegetable oil (castor, burdock, olive, almond);
- mixtures of oils combined in arbitrary proportions;
- oils mixed in a ratio of 1 to 1 with herbal infusions;
- vegetable oils enriched with 2-3 drops of liquid vitamin E;
- purchased eyelash repair agent (Rapid Lash, Elma, Aleran, and others have worked well).
It is convenient to apply home remedies on the cilia with a brush from an old mascara, previously thoroughly washed with soap.
The nutrient is convenient to apply on the cilia with a clean brush from the old mascara
How to prepare herbal infusion for the care of eyelashes? A teaspoon of sage, chamomile or calendula pour a glass of boiling water and wait 15-20 minutes. To filter
Video: How to use castor oil in lash care
Repair Mask for eyelashes
In equal volumes, combine castor and burdock oil, aloe juice, add 1-2 drops of vitamin E. Apply on eyelashes and, after waiting for 15-20 minutes, wash with running water. The procedure is repeated 1-2 times a week for 1.5 months.
Before re-resorting to the procedure of building, it is worth remembering: experts recommend waiting 2-4 weeks, or even better a month, so that the cilia can recover.
Reviews on how to remove eyelashes by yourself
The master told me that they would be taken off with oil, and she would take off with oil. I soaked for several hours, the result is zero. So she tore off with her, everything got out, but then the industry later, but at first it was inconvenient: everything went long, and then - bang ... and bald, there was nothing even to make up.
A month later, I decided to remove eyelashes on my own, and not because there were few of them, but because I wanted to wash my face. Of course, they also looked not the best way, because the industry is strong! His eyelashes could be seen. It is necessary to take the fattest of fat creams and spread their eyelashes on them both in height and in length, you need to smear it as thickly as you can. I waited for more than an hour and began to brush my eyelashes, as if clearing the extended ones. Eyelashes did not descend, I washed and smeared everything again, went even longer. I just started pulling out the eyelashes, but only weaklings fell away.
I bought in a special store (products for hairdressers, nail service masters) eyelash (debonder) removal fluid for 290 rubles. His probably enough for a year, if not more. The procedure for removing the eyelash is simple: smear the eyelids with a greasy cream, as the liquid is caustic, so as not to injure the skin. Then we went into the bath, turned on the cool water, closed one eye and carefully, dipping a cotton swab into the liquid, smearing it with a stick from top to bottom, along the growth of eyelashes, slightly twisting. The liquid, in contact with the glue, neutralizes its action, and the extended eyelashes crumble down. Be careful not to let the liquid in your eyes. The skin will tweak a little - this is normal. If the eyes are stinging, rinse with water, wipe off with a towel and continue. So a few visits. Then a second eye. My eyelashes do not fall out with this removal.
The decision about whether to remove the lash eyelashes on their own, everyone accepts himself. However, most modern adhesives are quite durable, therefore, they can often be dealt with only by professional means, the work with which requires special care.