Pizza is a versatile dish for a quick snack, a democratic party, friendly get-togethers or lunch with a household member. Different types of dough, toppings and sauces can satisfy both gourmets who prefer nutritious food, counting every calorie, and vegetarians and meat eaters. Of course, it is easier to order a dish with delivery, but much more delicious is a culinary masterpiece cooked at home. It will take a little time and expense, because for the filling will fit what is in the refrigerator. Introducing our top recipes.
The history of the dish
Food in its current sense has appeared in Italy. It is no coincidence that the word "pizza" comes from the Italian pizzicare - to be sharp. It was the Italians who guessed it to flavor a simple dough cake with cheese and tomato slices. According to one version, this is the invention of the wives of fishermen, who have found use for the anchovies remaining after the sale of the catch.
For a long time it was a dish for the poor, a kind of hot sandwich - simple, cheap and satisfying. So it would have remained a pizza meal commoners, but once King Ferdinand I tried it, incognito visiting a pizzeria in a poor Neapolitan quarter.
But it took more than a hundred years before the dish became popular among the nobility. There is a legend that Margherita of Savoy’s wife tried the pizza. The queen liked the dish so much that she allowed her name to be used for the name. Since then, began the triumphant march of pizza around the world.
But even earlier, with the advent of yeast dough, thin scones were eaten in ancient Egypt, and the Greeks baked them with all sorts of fillings. These products can be considered the progenitors of modern pizza. There are analogues in other cultures: in Russia they are pie, in the Caucasus - khachapuri.
Lunch or party - how and with what to apply
Pizza is served on a common dish or individual cutlery - it all depends on the size. For a large family or company, it is more convenient to cook a large one, but only if the filling is enjoyed by all eaters. Or make each portion with your favorite filler.
There is another way: put a variety of fillings on the big cake and bake. So you will save time and please all eaters.
Pizza cut with a special round knife
Since pizza is a democratic food, it is accepted by hand. But still ask the guests, it may be someone more comfortable to use a fork and a knife.
Portioned pizza served to everyone on a separate plate.
A large pizza is served on a flat dish and is cut before serving; the batch is placed on separate plates. Cut it with a special round knife into segments, squares or rhombuses.
Large pizza is served on a flat dish, pre-cut into portions
Of the drinks served to such a meal, it is better Italian. For dry and semi-dry meat and vegetable fillings, white is suitable for fish. Non-alcoholic version - lemonade, offer it to children. But if your favorite drink is beer, tea or coffee, there is no reason not to combine these two products.
This is a self-sufficient dish and does not require supplements. But if it seems to you that for a party with one pizza the table will be empty, prepare light vegetable salads. Heavy multicomponent with mayonnaise in this case would be inappropriate.
The sauces will help to diversify the taste; place several sauceboats with different types on the table. Traditionally, tomato is added, but if one of the eaters prefers sharper, offer Tabasco, just a few drops will add a piquancy to the dish.
There are two variants of the basis: Italian and American. In the first case, the dough should be thin, not more than 0.5 cm, in the second - more lush. The choice depends on your taste, but before you start kneading dough, take care of the products. In the classic version there are only four: flour, water, yeast and salt, and the flour plays the first violin in this quartet.
Check the quality of the flour. It should not have a foreign or musty smell, have a sweetish taste, after compression in handful it is easy to crumble. Grinding is indicated on the package: 2, 1, 0 or 00.
Flour for the American (Chicago) and Italian (Neapolitan) versions of the test used is different. For a fluffy American cake, milled flour 00 or 0 is suitable, for a thin Italian cake they take a mixture of 00 and 0 with 2 or 1.
Zero grinding is the finest, made from the core of the grain, products made from it are lush and airy. In the second and the first, the shell is also used, it gives the products a more pronounced taste, the base turns out to be flat and crispy.
In order not to be mistaken with the choice, buy Italian flour for pizza, its composition is specially selected for the thin dough. For the thick dough bakery top grade.
Flour for pizza specially created for this product.
Tip! If it was not possible to buy special flour, for thin cakes, replace part with baking semolina.
Some recipes, in addition to the listed ingredients, include olive oil. In the American test, ordinary vegetable is used more often.
According to canon pizza baked in a wood oven at 4850C. This temperature allows the dough to bake for 1-1.5 minutes, grab a crispy crust outside and remain soft inside.
Pizza is baked in wood-burning ovens at 485 degrees
But this is not a reason to refuse cooking pizza at home - modern ovens heat up to 2500C, this is quite enough if you increase the baking time to 8-10 minutes.
For baking, use a special stone or cast iron pan.
Dough base (basic recipe)
- water -300 ml .;
- flour - 500 gr .;
- dry yeast - 10 g .;
- sugar - 2 tsp;
- salt - 1 tsp;
- vegetable oil - 2 tbsp.
- Prepare a brew. To do this, mix in a bowl of yeast, sugar, slightly warm water and 1 tbsp. flour.
- Leave for 15-20 minutes to approach. Opara is ready when foamed.
First prepare the dough and let it foam
- In a spacious bowl combine the flour, salt and butter, pour the brew.
Mix flour with brew and knead dough.
- Knead the dough. When the mass ceases to stick to the hands, it is ready.
After kneading, let the dough come
- Leave it for 40-60 minutes. come up and make a cake.
A dough is molded from the dough by hand or using a rolling pin.
Proper dough must be plastic, pliable, moderately dense and elastic. It remains to thin it out, grease with sauce, put the stuffing and send it to the oven.
Popular pizza sauces
The sauce in the pizza plays the role of a conductor, combining all its components into a single melody of taste. It should be combined with the base and the filling. Traditional pizza sauce is tomato.
The easiest to cook it, even for a beginner. It is used alone or as a basis for more complex formulations.
- tomato paste - 1 tbsp .;
- sugar - 0.5 tsp;
- salt, pepper, basil, garlic - to taste.
Traditional Pizza Sauce - Tomato
Crush the garlic and combine with the other ingredients, mix well until smooth. The sauce is ready. Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for a week.
Also tomato, but the Italians make it from fresh tomatoes.
- tomato puree - 1 l .;
- garlic - 1 clove;
- green basil or oregano;
- salt, spices.
- Ripe strong tomatoes free from the skin and rub through a sieve so that the seeds are not caught in the puree.
- Salt, spices, chopped garlic and herbs attach with mashed potatoes.
- Boil over low heat until thickened.
Tomato sauce can be made from fresh or canned tomatoes.
Such a sauce can be prepared in the future, folded into jars and sterilized.
Tip! Instead of fresh tomatoes, use canned in own juice, removing them from the skin.
Another variation of tomato sauce. Adding tomato paste will make the taste more saturated.
- tomato paste - 120 gr .;
- tomatoes - 3 pcs .;
- onion - 1/4;
- olive oil (vegetable) - 2 tablespoons l .;
- butter - 50 gr.
- Scald tomatoes with boiling water and peel.
- Dice, chop the onion and garlic.
- In a frying pan heated with olive oil, fry the onion and garlic.
- Add tomatoes, tomato paste, salt, spices.
- Bring the mass to a boil, stir in the butter and remove the heat.
Fresh tomatoes and tomato paste combined in homemade sauce
This sauce is not stored for a long time, use it immediately. Adding wine and spices will help to diversify the usual taste.
- tomato sauce - 400 ml .;
- dry red wine - 50 ml .;
- celery - 10 g .;
- onions - 30 g .;
- lean meat broth - 0.5 st .;
- black pepper peas, red pepper, nutmeg, cloves.
- Combine the sauce, broth, wine, celery, onion, peppercorns and cloves.
- Boil under the lid until the volume is reduced to 2/3 of the original.
- Season with nutmeg and cook for another 15 minutes.
- Add red pepper, mix and strain.
Not traditional, but will bring diversity. White sauce goes well with fish and vegetable fillings.
- cream - 0,25 l .;
- Yolks - 2 pcs .;
- flour - 100 g .;
- butter - 1 tbsp .;
- sugar - 1 tsp;
Take only fresh products and cream not less than 20% fat.
- Beat the egg yolks.
- Combine the flour with softened butter and lightly heated cream and place in a water bath.
- Stir for about 10 minutes until thick.
- Continuing to interfere, enter the yolks and remove the heat.
- Whisk and cool.
White or cream sauce combined with fish and vegetable fillings
- sour cream - 200 g .;
- hard cheese - 100 g .;
- egg - 4 pcs .;
- mustard (powder) - 1 tsp;
- vegetable oil - 3 tbsp .;
- lemon juice - 1 tbsp .;
- salt pepper.
- Cook the eggs in a bag, separate the whites from the yolks. Squirrels you do not need.
- Grind yolks with butter.
- Add mustard to mass, then sour cream, stir until smooth. Sprinkle with lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Cheese rub on a fine grater, enter into the mixture.
- Heat in a water bath for 5 minutes.
For dessert pizza and sweet lovers.
- milk - 1 tbsp .;
- butter - 15 g .;
- yolk - 2 pcs .;
- cocoa powder - 5 tsp;
- chocolate - 70 g .;
- liqueur - 1 tbsp.
- Melt chocolate.
- Mix milk with sugar and cocoa, combine with liquid chocolate.
- Put in a mixture of yolks and alcohol, mix and put in a water bath.
- Heat, stirring, until thick.
- Remove from heat and stir in oil.
- Use until cold.
Chocolate sauce is suitable for dessert pizza
These are just a few options for sauce, recipes are much more. Experiment with your favorite foods, or use a ready-made recipe.
Proponents of simplicity can simply sprinkle the base with olive oil. This is offset by a variety of fillings that everyone can choose to their own taste. Or combine different fillings in one pizza.
A little about homemade pizza toppings
That pizza is attractive, that any products can serve as a filling for it. What do you like sandwiches with: sausage and cheese, a slice of ham or tomato, chocolate paste and berries? All this can serve as a filling for pizza, and much more.
Mozzarella cheese - one of the main ingredients of Italian pizza
Even if you put only circles of tomatoes, sprinkle with cheese and decorate with basil, you get a delicious pizza. She even has a name - Margarita.
Tomatoes or tomato sauce are present in many types of pizza.
Mandatory component of the classic pizza topping is cheese. Italians use most often mozzarella, and from buffalo milk. The second most popular cheese is parmesan. In some recipes combine several varieties of cheese, these include the recipe Four cheeses.
Obligatory products - cheese and tomatoes, take the rest to taste and what to eat
Meat eaters put on a minced meat cake, slices of ham or ham, smoked or boiled sausage mugs, chicken pieces, sausages and other meat products.
Seafood lovers will enjoy pizza with anchovies, shrimps, octopus, mussels, various fish, the piquancy of which will add olives or a slice of lemon.
Vegetarians will not give up the vegetable stuffing, the most popular of which are eggplants with bell pepper, tomatoes, onions and zucchini are no less successful.
No less favorite stuffing - mushrooms. Mushrooms are most often used, they do not require much time for cooking. You can use others before boiling them.
Anything in the fridge can serve as a filling for pizza.
Meat and fish ingredients combine well with vegetable and mushroom, and give room for countless combinations. Some fruits are also well combined with meat products, successfully highlighting their taste.
Even if you have only eggs and cheese in the refrigerator, you can make a pizza with a delicious filling.
Dessert options of sweet pizza with fruit and chocolate sauce will delight children and sweet teeth.
Tip! Cut the products for the filling as thin as possible so that they can bake, because the dish is prepared very quickly.
Now it remains only to combine all the ingredients into a hot, tasty pizza.
Legendary and little-known recipes for cooking dishes in the oven
Immortal classics - Italian pizza. To experiment with the basics, sauces and toppings, you need to learn how to cook the traditional types of this dish.
Classic Italian - room for imagination
The ideal pizza needs a thin base and a good sauce.
For the test:
- flour - 470g .;
- dry yeast - 1/4 tsp;
- water - 380 ml .;
- salt coarse - 2 tsp
Only 4 products are needed for the test.
For the sauce:
- Canned tomatoes in their own juice - 350 g;
- salt - 1 tsp.
- Mix dry ingredients in a large dish.
- Gradually add water, mix with a wooden spoon.
Add water to dry ingredients and knead the dough.
- Knead by hand for several minutes.
- Cover with foil or a damp towel and leave to come for 1.5-2 hours.
Cover the dishes with a wet towel and leave the dough to approach.
- While the dough fits, cook the sauce, chopping the tomatoes and salt in a blender. If you add olive oil and chopped green basil, it will only benefit from this.
- Turn the oven on by placing a pizza baking stone or a cast iron skillet in it.
- Divide the dough into 4 pieces and roll each into a ball. These are preparations for 4 products.
- Flour the table with flour and place a dough ball.
From the finished dough roll round cake
- Roll out a round cake 3 mm thick, or knead with hands, giving a round shape.
- Quickly cover the base of the sauce, not reaching 1-2 cm to the edge.
Smear the rolled cake with sauce, trying to leave the sides clean.
- Put the stuffing to your liking.
- Sprinkle with cheese generously and immediately send to the oven until the sauce has soaked the dough.
- Bake 8-10 minutes on the lower tier until the edge is reddened and the cheese starts to melt.
- Remove and cut with a round knife into segments, diamonds or squares.
Tip! Roll out the base on baking parchment paper. So it will be easier for you to move the cake in the oven and it will not break.
"Margarita" - ingenious simplicity
The composition of its filling is laconic and consists of only three ingredients: tomatoes, mozzarella cheese and basil, and retreats are not allowed.
- dough - 300 g;
- tomato sauce - 130g .;
- Mozzarella - 150 g .;
- tomatoes - 1 pc .;
- fresh basil;
- olive oil.
- Preheat oven, wash tomato and greens.
- Make the dough for the base of the main recipe or use the above.
- Flush the table with flour and roll out a round cake, 3 mm thick and 30-35 cm in diameter.
Use your hands or a rolling pin to make the dough look like a thin cake.
- Hands form a side, bending the edge inward and securing.
- Lubricate the base with tomato sauce, pour olive oil on top.
Put the sauce and evenly spread on the surface of the cake
- Transfer the cake to the oven and bake at the lower level for 5-10 minutes.
- Slice the mozzarella. It is better not to pickle, and solid grade.
- Cut the tomatoes into thin slices, tear the basil leaves with your hands.
- Remove the roasted base, spread the cheese evenly over the surface, then the tomatoes and basil.
- Send to the oven for another 5 minutes until the cheese has melted.
The filling repeats the colors of the Italian national flag - red, white and green
Serve hot, cut into portions.
Four cheeses - hot and tasty cheese plate
- thin pizza dough - 270 g;
- tomato sauce - 100 g .;
- Mozzarella, gouda, goat cheeses, parmesan, 60 g each
Pizza topping consists of four types of cheese
- Stretch the dough into a round cake or roll out with a rolling pin. Make edges a little thicker than the middle to form a roller.
Use your hands or a rolling pin to make a dough out of dough.
- Cut the gauda and goat into bars, mozzarella and parmesan rub on a large grater.
- Cover the base with tomato sauce. Use simple, or add to it fried onions, garlic and basil - the choice is yours.
- Evenly distribute the cheeses on the cake, sprinkle mozzarella in the last place.
- Bake in preheated to 2000With an oven for 12-15 minutes.
Four cheese pizza - hot cheese stretches and beckons to taste the dish
Pepperoni - some like a lot more.
The filling is based on spicy salami sausage.
- dough - 270 g;
- tomato sauce - 2-3 tbsp .;
- pepperoni - 100 g .;
- Mozzarella - 100 g
- Slice the sausage into slices and mozzarella.
- Prepare the base in the usual way and brush with tomato sauce.
- Spread pepperoni mugs on top of the mozzarella.
Pepperoni - a type of spicy salami
- Выпекайте в разогретой до 200-2200С духовке 12-15 мин.
Tip! Некоторые из топпингов (компонентов начинки) добавляют уже в готовую пиццу. Это может быть зелень, тонкие пластинки хамона или другого продукта - горячая основа доведёт их до готовности.
Four Seasons - A Step by Step Recipe
The trick is that not one is used, but four different fillings at once. The basis is divided into sectors, each of which receives its own topping. The presented option is not a canon, choose products to your liking.
- Tomato - 1 pc .;
- carbonate - 50 g .;
- salami - 50g;
- peeled shrimp - 50 g .;
- roasted chicken breast - 75g;
- Gouda - 100 g .;
- Edam - 100 g .;
- Mozzarella - 150 g .;
- Bulgarian pepper - 2 pcs .;
- Canned pineapple - 4 circles .;
- olive oil.
Crush products for toppings: a tomato in thin circles, pepper, diced chicken, salami circles, chop carbonate, pineapple in slices, chopped cheese or grate on a grater.
- Roll the dough into a large cake.
- Brush with sauce. Take a traditional tomato, white or creamy.
- Mentally divide the base into 4 sectors and each fill in its own filling:
- chicken, pineapple, gouda;
- shrimp, parsley, edam;
- salami, tomato, mozzarella;
- carbonate, pepper, 3 cheeses.
- Sprinkle with olive oil.
- Bake in preheated oven.
4 seasons - four tastes in one pizza
- Cut into sectors, and then divide into portions.
With seafood: shrimps, squids, mussels
- Pizza dough;
- seafood cocktail - 200 g .;
- capers - 1 tbsp. l .;
- Mozzarella - 60 g .;
- Parmesan cheese (grated) - 15 g;
- Bulgarian pepper (yellow) - 1 pc .;
- olives - 12 pcs .;
- marjoram - 1 tbsp.
- Oregano - 0.5 tbsp;
- salt, black pepper, olive oil.
Use seafood cocktail for seafood pizza
- Preheat oven to 2000WITH.
- Cut the cheese and fresh pepper.
- Roll out a round cake with a diameter of 25 cm out of the dough, decorate the side.
- Put on the cake sauce (tomato or cream).
- Spread the sea cocktail, pepper, capers, sprinkle with cheese on top.
- Spread olives, season with salt and pepper, sprinkle with oil.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, sprinkle with oregano and marjoram before serving.
Pizza with seafood will appeal to lovers of fish delicacies
Dessert - paradise sweet tooth
- shortbread or puff pastry;
- curd cheese (Almette) - 340 g;
- sugar - 3/4 tbsp .;
- eggs - 3 pcs .;
- vanilla sugar - 1.5 tsp;
- honey - 1/4 tbsp .;
- strawberry - 4 tbsp.
- Roll out the dough and bake in a preheated oven.
- Mix cheese, eggs, sugar and vanillin with a mixer until creamy paste.
- Slightly cooled cake pour the resulting mass and send in the oven for another 15-20 minutes.
- Beautifully lay out the sliced strawberries, pour in honey.
- The dish is best served chilled.
Replace strawberries with fruits or berries for the season, and instead of Almette, take Mascarpone or other cream cheese, cover the cake with chocolate sauce, add nuts - and you will get a new dessert every time.
Dessert pizza made from seasonal fruits and berries
How else can you cook the dish: Piggy bank of popular videos
It is impossible to spoil a pizza stuffing - the more the better! Experiment!
Caesar Shrimp: A Simple Beginner Recipe
Pizza with sausage and mushrooms at home
Polo with chicken and pineapples on a thin dough: a simple video guide
Pizza, like no other dish, provides space for creative imagination. Having learned how to cook dough, experiment with sauces and fillings, combining them as you see fit and focusing on your own taste preferences, but not forgetting traditions. And then you can rightfully consider yourself a homemade pizza-maker - a pizza-making master.