It's no secret that eggs in any form are healthy and tasty. They are used both for frying and boiling, and in the preparation of salads and dishes for children. In addition, this is the perfect breakfast, prepare them so quickly that you will not be late for work. Cooking options are countless, but for beginners the question is: how much to cook them, if you need a soft-boiled egg, in a bag or hard boiled.
How are eggs useful?
It is difficult to find an easy-to-cook product that is as rich in fats and proteins as an egg. Proteins are the "building material", the "bricks" of our body, which provide the transportation of vitamins and minerals to the tissues and organs that need it. Chicken eggs contain vitamins of groups A (positively affect vision, freshness of the skin and body metabolism), B (responsible for maintaining order and strengthening of the nervous system), D (nourish and heal the skin, hair, affect nail strength and hardness teeth), E (make more elastic tissue). As for minerals, the product contains iron, potassium, phosphorus, calcium and zinc.
Chicken eggs are very useful, especially rustic
It is believed that the pure protein contained in the egg is hard absorbed by the body, but this is not the information that is worth believing. The human body takes it at 98%, which is quite a lot.
Despite the abundance of useful properties, there are also restrictions on consumption (due to increased cholesterol levels in the blood): for eggs to have a positive effect on your body, 3-4 pieces per week are enough (not including the ingredients in ready-made pastries, meatballs , salads and so on). Considering the weekly norm, an adult can eat up to three a day, it will be harmless, but the children will have enough of one.
You can often hear the recommendation to drink raw eggs to maintain healthy skin, hair and nails, but this "folk remedy" should be treated with great caution. In raw, unprocessed foods, many bacteria that can lead, for example, to the development of salmonellosis are not a very pleasant disease. If you think that an egg is certainly healthy and clean, you can follow this advice. You can learn more about all the pros and cons in this article: //avrorra.com/syiryie-yaytsa-polza-ili-vred/
Do not follow the recommendation to drink raw chicken eggs
Eggs can be cooked not only traditionally, as many used to, on gas. We list and other possible ways of their preparation:
- in the microwave;
- on electric stove;
- in the egg cooker;
- for a couple;
- using the multicooker;
- in the ashes of the fire.
You can cook boiled eggs in specially designed egg cookers
How to understand if the egg is not spoiled
There are several ways to distinguish a fresh egg from a spoiled one. You can check it by breaking, or only by external signs. We define freshness without breaking the shell:
- in appearance: the fresh shell does not have cracks and chips, it is all uniform in color, has a faint gloss, but if it ceased to shine and became grayish - it has been lying for a long time, and, most likely, it has deteriorated;
- by sound: if you shake a fresh egg, putting it to your ear, we will not hear any noise, while the contents of the spoiled one will perceptibly “dangle” inside;
- to the lumen: if you bring it almost close to a nearby light source, for example, to a desk lamp, you can see the yolk, in the case of a dark color and close to the shell, and maybe even stuck to it, the egg is stale, and use eating it is dangerous;
- using a glass of cool water: the rotten does not sink, but remains on the surface, but the fresher is much heavier and sinks to the bottom;
- twisting: the fresher will make only a few revolutions around its axis, the rotten will spin more quickly and will not stop until you prevent it.
Check the freshness of the broken:
- by smell: fresh does not have an unpleasant smell, foul, on the contrary, exudes a strong "flavor" of hydrogen sulfide;
- yolk and albumen in appearance: in fresh yolk will be convex and taut (you will understand this by trying to pierce it with a knife or fork), albumen will be tenacious, in the spoiled one, on the contrary, the yolk will be flat, and protein will be watery, very liquid.
The stale egg has a watery protein and a flat yolk.
Can we boil freshly removed from the fridge?
You need to know that when cooking the shell of cold eggs can begin to crack, and protein - to flow. Because those that you cook, should be removed from the refrigerator for a few hours, so that they have time to warm up.
How to cook eggs and how long it takes
We can cook eggs of varying degrees of readiness - for example, hard-boiled, or soft-boiled, or in a bag - everyone likes their own, but for all the ways there are basic rules that do not change depending on the desired result.
Hostess, pay attention! Before cooking it is necessary to wash the eggs in warm water in order to get rid of the contaminants on the shell.
- It is necessary to choose the right pan for cooking. Often, the hostesses take more (especially if they cook for salad), although it is more correct - a small ladle, approximately equal in diameter to the hob on which it will stand. So the eggs will not “travel” around the pan and hit each other, which can lead to cracking of the shell.
Some cooks recommend piercing the shell from the blunt side so that the air gathering in it does not split the egg from the inside.
The pot should be small
- We need to pay attention to how much water in our saucepan. In order for the eggs to boil well, the water must cover each egg completely.
- Traditionally, it is customary to dip eggs for boiling in cold water, but there are exceptions - boiling and soft-boiled boiling-water are also dipped in boiling water.
- Boiled eggs are not on a large fire and not on a small one; the medium one is fine, the pan is not covered with a lid for slow evaporation of water. Completely fresh should be cooked for a couple of minutes longer than indicated in further recommendations.
There is a little secret. As soon as the water boils the eggs, boil a teaspoon of salt in the saucepan without a slide - so the shell will become harder and will not crack.
- To be able to clean the eggs after boiling easily and quickly, you need to put them in almost ice-cold water for 2-3 minutes. It is necessary to take into account the fact that recently demolished by themselves are not very well cleaned, and this advice may not help.
Video: how to boil eggs so that after cooking they can be cleaned quickly and easily
Soft boiled eggs - how to boil properly
It is necessary to focus on the fact that cooking methods are not one and not two, but at least three. You can dip them in cold water or boiling water (respectively, the "cold method" and "hot"), as well as use the method completely without cooking - it will take a little longer.
So, cooking by the "cold" method:
- Fill the eggs with cold water, set the pot on medium heat.
- Bring water to a boil.
- Having lowered the fire, leave the product to boil for 2 minutes (then all the contents: both the yolk and the protein will have a liquid consistency) or 3 minutes (the protein in this case will become almost solid, and the yolk will remain liquid).
- Put under cold water, clean.
In a soft-boiled egg, both white and yolk remain liquid.
Usually the freshest eggs are boiled softly, firstly, because the dish prepared in this way is very tasty, and secondly, it needs the least heat treatment.
Video: how to boil soft boiled eggs//youtube.com/watch?v=d06ioNE9Hsc
The second way:
- We lower the eggs into the boiling water with the help of a spoon - so that they do not break, knocking on the bottom of the pan.
- Cook for 1 minute.
- Remove the pan from the heat, cover with a lid.
- Leave for 5 minutes.
- Just as in the previous method, cool for easier cleaning.
The third way is for some reason little known, although it is convenient enough, and the eggs are very tender.
Cooking "without cooking":
- Warm eggs (in any case not cold) tightly laid in a small saucepan.
- Completely fill them with boiling water.
- Cover the pan with a lid.
- We give the eggs a "rest" in boiling water, we forget about them for 8-10 minutes.
- After the necessary amount of time we pour out water.
- In the same steep boiling water we fill them again.
- We are waiting for another 2 (the yolk will turn out very liquid) or 3 minutes (the yolk, respectively, will become slightly thicker).
- Drain and serve. In this case, it is not necessary to cool after cooking.
How to cook hard boiled eggs
Hard-boiled eggs can also be laid in cold water and boiling water, as well as steamed. If you use cold water, the sequence of actions is as follows:
- Eggs tightly laid in the pan.
- Fill with cold water so that each was covered entirely.
- We put on the middle fire and give boil.
- Salt boiling water.
- After boiling cook for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, the eggs are sent under cold water.
Video about proper cooking
If we lower in boiling water:
- Carefully dip the eggs at room temperature in boiling water (as is the case with boiling soft-boiled eggs, we use a spoon).
- Cook for 8 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat, pour cold water.
When cooking, remember that the dish can be easily digested (it usually happens if you let the eggs boil for more than 10 minutes) - the protein in this case becomes an unpleasantly sticky consistency, turns into rubber, and the yolk becomes greenish or blue, it darkens. The longer we cook, the harder it is for our body to assimilate the product, and therefore it is not only tasteless to digest them, but also completely unhealthy.
Hard boiled eggs cook the longest
Cooking for a couple:
- In a wide pot pour water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Install a sieve or colander so that they do not touch boiling water.
- Carefully lower the eggs there so that they lie tightly to each other.
- We leave them to cook for a couple of 20 minutes, do not forget to turn over from time to time so that they prepare evenly.
- Cool as described in all previous methods.
You can also boil eggs in a double boiler.
How to cook eggs "in the bag"
This dish is cooked a little longer than soft-boiled, and the consistency is somewhat denser. The name itself tells us that the protein in them becomes almost solid, and the yolk remains liquid.
If we put them in cold water, then after boiling we cook for 5-6 minutes. If boiled down, boil for a minute, then remove from heat and close the lid, wait another 7 minutes.
Video about this method of cooking
Sometimes the eggs in the pouch and soft-boiled do not cool, then in order to facilitate cleaning and avoid burns of hands, in cold water after cooking keep the product only 1.5-2 minutes.
If the egg is cooked "in the bag", only the middle one remains liquid.
In order not to count the minutes required for cooking yourself, you can buy a special "egg" timer - it shows the degree of readiness and, accordingly, a certain time is set for each method. From you, you only need to choose what result you want to get.
Are there any cooking features for kids?
Practically no, you just need to pay even more attention to the freshness and purity of the eggs you are going to cook, and also take into account that it is easier for the child to digest the dish cooked in a pouch or soft-boiled.
For salads usually cook hard-boiled eggs, as they are easiest to chop. Most often they are used for classic Olivier, crab and others.
For cooking salads, hard-boiled eggs are most often used.
What other birds can boil eggs
In addition to chicken, boiled are also eaten.
- quail eggs (they are smaller in size, so they cook faster), which are less high-calorie,
- goose (their caloric content, on the contrary, exceeds chicken,
- turkey (found on sale quite rare, very rich in vitamins and microelements, rarely cause allergies),
- Ostrich (considered dietary, contain low cholesterol, very large in size and cooked several times longer than chicken),
- duck (compared to traditional chicken contains much more fat),
- Guinea fowl eggs (the hardness of their shells is very high and because of this they cook longer than eggs of chickens).
What are the eggs of different birds, suitable for use
- Goose eggs are much larger than chicken eggs.
- Turkey eggs are very rarely available.
- Quail eggs - small size, cook quickly
- Ostrich eggs are very large and cook long
- Guinea fowl eggs are also consumed.
Table of preparation of the product, depending on the layer
|Bird eggs /|
|Soft-boiled||Hard boiled||Into the pouch|
|Hen||2-3 minutes||8-10 minutes||5-6 minutes|
|Goose||15 minutes||25 minutes||20 minutes|
|Quail||30-40 seconds||3 minutes||1.5 minutes|
|Turkey||5 minutes||14 minutes||7 minutes|
|Ostrich||20 minutes||1,5 hour||45 minutes|
|Guinea fowl||4-5 minutes||10-11 minutes||6-7 minutes|
Cooking eggs is not at all difficult if you remember the cooking time and the main features of cooking. Boiled testicles - fast, healthy and tasty. Take care of your health, enjoy your meal!